The National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM), an Agency of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology (FMST), was established in September 1992 and commenced operations in January 1993 with the Headquarters located within the campus of the Obafemi Awolowo University (O.A.U.), Ile-Ife, Osun State. The Agency was set up to provide knowledge support for the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) System in Nigeria through capacity building, policy research and consultancy. The outputs of the policy research serve as the empirical basis for providing policy advice to government on STI issues through the FMST.
FROM THE DG/CEO’S DESK
W.O. Siyanbola (PhD, Sussex), FMSN, FSESN
It is obviously clear that knowledge is the currency of the 21st Century. Knowledge, not abundant natural resources drives sustainable growth and development. Such knowledge, however, must be firmly rooted in science and technology because they propel remarkable developments.The National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM) is an Agency saddled with the responsibility of training middle-to-high level manpower in the areas of science, technology and innovation management. It is the agency’s conviction that since capabilities in science and technology may not be sufficient, the ability to effectively manage these capabilities is demonstrably more important and has to be learned. For this reason, we have consciously engaged in policy research in science, technology and innovation management considered to be highly desirable for the provision of the much needed empirical data for policy formulation and removal of guesswork from governance.We have thus made our website interactive in order to make it a veritable platform for our teeming public to learn about how critical science and technology is to sustainable development. I therefore enjoin you to painstakingly peruse all the sections of our site and avail yourself of first hand information of the NACETEM’s activities.
- To serve as a TRAINING CENTRE for the development of high level manpower in the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) management to all tiers of government and the private sector ;
- To conduct POLICY RESEARCH, evaluation and review with a view to providing sound policy advice for dynamic technology-driven, knowledge-based development;
- To design and run postgraduate course/programmes in STI management in conjunction with appropriate with appropriate established institution home or/and abroad;
- To establish, maintain and provide relevant databases on STI engagements, as well as providing access to databanks on STI research outputs to facilitate activities towards commercial exploitation;
- To assist the various governments (Federal, State and Local) in the country in STI policy formulation and strategies for utilising such for development and
- To collaborate with other countries especially African countries in STI training, policy research and consultancy.
The National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in September 1992 as a Parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Science & Technology. It is sited at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. It was established to develop and harmonize the human resources needed to promote, project and propagate technology management in Nigeria and Africa.
The Centre, thus, drives national development through capacity building, policy research and consultancy services in the areas of science, technology and innovation management.